Do you feel like you should go floss now? You should.
So, this guy comes in, 68 years old, and has never had his teeth cleaned. Why did he choose this as the opportune time? 50 year high school reunion of course! When he opened, it was like Christmas and I shed a small tear of joy. I was thrilled to actually use my mad skills to their full potential. You can actually see the indentations in his gums where the tartar was resting. (I saved the pieces for a while, but Guinness book didn't call me back, so I let them go.)
P.S. Yes, those are my bare fingers in the pictures pulling down his lip. My hair and arms and skin parts not covered by clothing or glasses or mask were already covered in his blood and chunks of germ-coated tartar what was a little spit on my fingers going to do?
And, no, he's not the least concerned with the broken off tooth or the BAC's (big A-- cavities,) he's got clean teeth (that are now loose because all of the supporting tartar is gone.)
That's all. I'm off to the Be-otch!
P.S. Yes, those are my bare fingers in the pictures pulling down his lip. My hair and arms and skin parts not covered by clothing or glasses or mask were already covered in his blood and chunks of germ-coated tartar what was a little spit on my fingers going to do?
And, no, he's not the least concerned with the broken off tooth or the BAC's (big A-- cavities,) he's got clean teeth (that are now loose because all of the supporting tartar is gone.)
That's all. I'm off to the Be-otch!




21 comments:
Soooo, I have no clue what song that is. Sorry. Speaking of we work together, Holy Crap Sara! I am still so amazed at what an amazing hygienist you are! That troll of an old dirty (in more ways than just his mouth) man is going to be the star of his 50 year reunion thanks to you! He by far is the worst patient we've ever seen, but if you're lucky, he'll not come in for another 68 years! Love ya Sis!
ha ha I'm glad those were the grossest you've ever seen! those are sick note to self don't be a dental hygienist... speaking of teeth... i got a text today that said "your cousin cleaned my teeth today!" yes i know now me and my friends go to the same dentist office. I'm glad you'll see Rachel Pyper in another six months. -Julia
YUCK! but pretty amazing difference I must say. i think i would like that job. the satisfaction of a job well done. but still yucky!
I'm just curious about the taking the picture part..When the man opened his mouth did you say,"Wow, you have the nastiest teeth I've ever seen, Can I take a before and after picture?" Or did you just hope, since he'd never had his teeth cleaned, that he wouldn't know that's not he norm. Did he get a copy of the pictures?
I was wondering the same thing. How did you take a picture of his teeth without offending him?
ok part of me wants to vomit and the other part of me wants to run and floss my teeth :) way to be such a mad skilled hygienist! ps - i too want to know how u were able to take the pictures!
k. wow. bless his heart, but ew. you deserve a raise. as i viewed this post last night, i suddenly got the overwhelming urge to floss, brush, & bleach. so i did.
That's the worst you've ever seen? Come on down to good old Casa Grande! He might be one of those we would compliment for his "good Hygiene".
Dad
You've got to be kidding me! Whenever I pull up your page I know to expect laughs or sarcasm, but never unadulterated foulness. Seriously foul. I have to admit we all have our vices. Yours is grooming others' teeth crevices & mine is picking zits. I know I said it, I'm discusting. I should have been a dermotoligist.
I'm so glad you have all enjoyed. So to answer the main question, yes, I took advantage of his little experience in the dental office, although I honestly have been working on using the intra-oral camera more for patient education. I looked, thought, "I NEED to get a picture of this," and then told him, "next I'm going to get some pictures for your records (slash, my blog)..." He just went along with it all, and he couldn't hear, so maybe he thought he was just having another stroke when the flashes started.
I was oh so satisfied to see these before and after shots. Even though saliva kinda grosses me out and that I'm appauled that you were not wearing gloves (I hope you've had your Hep B vaccines), seeing the difference you made was exhillerating!!! Seriously, didn't you feel so satisfied afterwards? You DO rock at dental hygiene! Oh, and because of that, I'm going to have you clean my teeth next time we come to AZ because mine are borderline 50th high school reunion patient...
Jake
P.S. I seriously need to call you everyday to tell you all my cool/gross clinic stories. I'm trying to break Nat in by telling her my more tame ones, but the really juicy ones I'm not allowed to share at the dinner table. I heart clinic!
What do I love best about that post? That when you see something disgustingly foul, the first thought you have is "I must document this and put it on my blog." Excellent thought process. I love it.
That was the coolest sara! I am so proud of you, you are like my idol! I can't wait for hygiene school, it looks so fun. I love that you put these pics on your blog, Brent is never going to miss a night flossing again. I hope you guys have an amazing time in Cali. P.S. i know I said you were amazing once, but let me say it again...you're Amazing!
This is what I'm talking about... you are the BEST hygienist who has EVER touched my teeth. I would say that about my two sisters who are also hygienists, buy they have never cleaned my teeth, so it's okay! Again, you never fail to draw your readers in. If we had to vote on best blogs... you'd get my vote!!!!!!!
You forgot to mention that the guy looked and talked like he could have worked at Gringott's Bank for Wizards. His voice was awesome. I'm lucky to work with you!
OH MY GOSH!!!! I am seriously regretting stopping by your blog today! That is SO gross! But you are so funny- and obviously talented!
I found your page on JoAnna Boohers. I just started a blog. These pics are great. This all just looks like lots of fun. Pretty sad that this kind of stuff excited us! You little boy is so cute!
Bored. Come back. We miss our cousins' posts.
Oh....my....gosh. I realize that you don't know me personally, but you know my sister, and I know your sister, so I hope it's okay that I comment on your blog...anywho, I just have to say that those teeth are the grossest thing I have seen in my whole entire life. Maren asked if I had seen them, I told her I hadn't, and then she jumped at the chance to gross me out entirely.
Besides being gross though, that is way impressive that you cleaned those suckers. I can't say the teeth look good, but they look approximately one million times better than the "before" picture. Oh, and, from what I saw on Melissa's blog, it looks like your Cali trip was a big success. Hooray for fun family trips!
Hi Sara, I was just passing through (I linked to your blog from Carey's) & I came across this... Wow, you are amazing. I totally get it too, I would LOVE to work on those teeth, not that I'm a dental hygenist. hehe. So glad you took pictures for us to see. I hope you guys are doing great - we miss you in 12th ward!
Sara I am sooooooooo extremley jealous. I would of loved to clean those teeth. I tell my patients " I would hate my job of I had to clean CLEAN teeth all day, I tell you to floss but when you leave me a surprise I get excited" I need a life I know :)
Post a Comment