Monday, October 29, 2007

A to I to A again... all in less than 30 minutes

*ATTENTION: This post is very ADD and may make you crazy to read. Secondly, this is NOT a pitty party, and if I get one comment trying to "soothe" you will immediately be deleted from my hot blogs list. (Not that you really care.) ... moving on...


My sister Alyson and her husband Kirk are hot. They have been what they call "committed to fitness" and it totally worked.

I've been feeling a little like this:


Committed to fAtness.


In an effort to do a little better, I decided to try the committed to fItness approach. Here's what happened:
For lunch, we went to Subway
*ADD* So I was going to put a picture of a sandwich here, but when I went to the site, I found out that there was a Subway Store. Here are my favorite items.


(The caption under this one says Great gift for a future Subway® sandwich lover! LOL!)

So, I got a veggie sub on wheat, then got to the condiments part and wanted mayo (a favorite ingredient of mine) and couldn't decide which was better. To get regular mayo or lots of Light Mayo. I went for lots of Light, but the sandwich artist didn't put quite enough on, maybe that's an unusual request. My sandwich was kindof gross and left a lot to be desired.

So, I eyed the plate of No Bake Cookies (more story on that in one ADD second) and finished them off. FAtness.
You see what I mean? A to I to A, in less than 30 minutes. Maybe less than 8 minutes.

K, now for the No Bake Cookies. A girl in my ward dropped them off because she was "thinking about me." What does that mean? I have two theories. 1 - I look like the wreck that I actually am. 2 - She's been hearing things about me; I don't know what, but if she's bringing cookies... not good. However, the cookies were delicious, and if that's what it takes, so be it.


Recent attempt for "I" again. A while back, I had a thing of chocolate milk that was delicious and thick, and after realized that it was an Ensure type of drink. So, when grocery shopping, I saw SlimFast chocolate shakes (mine are only 180 calories) and though I may as well try them as a meal replacement. I was so embarrassed to buy them! I don't know why, but I was and I would have rather bought an economy sized box of condoms and was sweating and couldn't wait for them to be bagged. So, I tried it. It was gross and tasted like metal. I think I'll stick with the QT chocolate shakes. Back to A.

The end.

19 comments:

Sara! said...

Jason just told me that he read this and I sounded suicidal. Then he said that we were starting boot camp right now and then started doing jumping jacks while singing the Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch song (the one while she's riding her bike doot du doot du do do, doot du doot du do do...) I like him.

Shannon said...

Mmmmmm no bake cookies! What the heck that charm bracelet is awesome.

MeL said...

Waah. Remember that I just bought fat pants and am in love with how roomy they are? By the way, I really enjoyed the Wicked Witch song and that you typed it out with perfection. I totally don't think you sound suicidal, just a typical day of us girlies and our somewhat low self-esteem. I love you sissy.

Sara! said...

So, maybe I need to go private so Jason can't read my blog. This morning he said, "Maybe you're pregnant." I wanted to punch him.

I'm not.

Miss Niss said...

I don't know WHY you think your fat--your just as skinny as you were in high school!!!! crazy girl...(it was fun seeing you by the way!)

some things are definitely hard to change, eating habits is one of them! maybe you could just try "changing" a few things to start with--like eating more veggies or something...just an IDEA!!! :)

Nate and Lori said...

I'm in the same boat that you're in. I start an "eating plan" and 2 hours later, I'm stuffing my face with cinnamon rolls. And I eat them really fast because I know that I should not be having them.

I laughed a lot about the condoms part...my favorite is one day when I was buying tampons and cold/flu medication and the lady said "how are you today" and I wanted to say "look what I'm buying, how do you think I'm doing today"

HooHoo said...

Remember when Vivian did Slim Fast shakes with lots of ice cream to smother the Slim Fast taste? They never replaced a meal either. Not that any of us will EVER look like Vivian. I think Red Lobster was her dieting place. Oh wait, you wouldn't know, only Melissa got to go.

angiedunn said...

thanks for being very funny. your blog really is a service to the community.

PS...my goal is to look as cute/young/skinny as you @ my 10 year reunion.

Heather said...

I just had the stomach flu & I think I dropped about 5 lbs. Come on over & I'll spit on you. :)

AND...please let us all know where we can get our very own economy sized box of condoms.

Kirk and Aly said...

Let me be the first to say the
commited to fitness plan sucks rocks!! Way too much work!! I gained back any weight that I lost while in Hawaii and eating everything under the sun, and have no plans to loose it again any time soon. My usual plan when I'm tired of dieting is just to get pregnant so I don't have to worry about it anymore, so maybe Jason's comment isn't such a bad idea. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey...whoever you are...I stumbled across your blog via Stacie Roger's Blog (thinking you were maybe a different Sara) and turns out your blog is quite amusing. Good job, makes me wanna be your friend. Awkward, I know, but complimentary in a random, I don't know you sort of way. Right? K well I just wanted to let you know, that I like slimfast...with a side of chocolate cake and well, that's why slimfast doesn't work for me. I should not be awake right now. Please take that into consideration while reading this. Thank you and have a fun Halloween.

Stina said...

AH! i'm sure you prolly don't remember me...not many do. but thank you for all the effort you put in to the 1997 reunion. it sure woulda been fun to go to! aaanyway, at least you are brave enough to have pictures of yourself on your blog! ack! if i had them of myself no one would recognize me! i am a 'well insulated' version of my high school me! LOL anyway, your blog really makes me laugh! it's great! just be greatful your not like me who some one in my ward said she heard i was pregnant...umm...six months ago i was...maybe i REALLY need to lose weight! WOOPS!

christina (root)

Marquita said...

Ok, so I'm in the same boat right there with you except that I think you look great. I'm sad that I didn't get a chance to talk to you at the reunion. You are always the funniest person around. Ü

Carol said...

ditto to fAtness. i havent been to the gym in forever and i really dont see me going anytime in the near future. my neighbor wanted to start walking on wednesdays and fridays 3 miles at a really fast pace - today was supposed to be the first day we did it and i decided to drive my daughter to school so i could get out of walking with her - how fat am i :)

ps - want to come over tonight and eat my kids halloween candy with me! ha!

Sarah said...

Your funny! and I can't believe you don't like slim fast. You need to buy the rich chocolate and not the creamy, and yes every time I buy it I cringed with a little embarrassment.

Mary Postert said...

Seriously? A Subway charm?

Sarah said...

Okay - I wish I was half as funny as you - I'll buy your slim fast, if you buy my condoms!!

The Fletchies said...

whoever heather is she's funny. I like your add posting. you should post like that a lot. very entertaining.

ali does look hot in that pictures. for some reason they have always seemed like the perfect couple to me and it doesn't help that they are both in their 30s and still very fit as you say.

if it makes you feel any better emily has lost like 10 pounds or more and I tried her diet for a week was going to be hard core and then crumbled when the weekend came. Mind you this is after two weeks of trying to do this diet and me losing it after like two days.

However...I have an idea. This girl I know told me that at the salon she worked at they are playing biggest loser with all of the girls. The girls all put in 100 dollars and the one who wins gets 1200 dollars the 2nd place gets 500 the third 200 and the fourth 100. Maybe all us cousins should go in and see if that gets us motivated. I think 1200 dollars would really motivate me. I would buy a new wardrobe.

KatieJ said...

Well I won't try to tell you how skinny you are and awesome you look because I don't want Cleaners Katie taken off your links, BUT, that was funny to read. I used to be very embarrassed to buy Slim Fast, but now when there's a good sale I have no problem stocking up- it's an excellent breakfast when you dont' have time for breakfast, and makes eating french fries at lunch much more enjoyable! PS- the BEST shakes in town are at Chick Fil A.