Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Very Duggar Wedding


DID YOU SEE THIS??!!

I recorded it on Sunday and watched it today with Melissa. I wouldn't let her erase it just in case any of you want to come over for an hour of amazingness.

My favorite parts:

* The church ladies mixing vats chicken salad with their bare hands.

* The sisters referring to hickeys as "love marks."

* Mom Duggar getting all weepy and saying, "It's just sad to think that this is the last time I'll shave the back of his neck."

Seriously, you're invited.

12 comments:

Jenny Hogle said...

Oh my heck!!! I saw the commercials for it, but forgot to record it. I might have to take you up on that offer! So interesting. Love marks?! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Carroll Family said...

Hey - I recorded it too! I love that show - raised a few questions over here among some of the kids, though :) Josh was making me a little frustrated.......but that's probably just a guy on his wedding day.

Tanya and Tony said...

So, since I admitted to Melissa that I blog stalk her, I thought you should know that I check in on you too! I just can't believe how amazing all the Jones kids turned out! You must have some awesome parents! I kinda think that the whole Duggar family thing is a little creepy, yet fascinating. I totally forgot to watch it, but alas they will be replaying it for Valentine's Day. By they way, hope your babies are doing well and that you get to bring them home soon. I love to see the pictures of them...miracles growing!

Hugs,
~T~

PS: Good luck with Oakley when you bring those babies home...My best mom moment was when Andy came carrying in Khayle upside down by her feet like 2 days after I brought her home. He didn't like her crying and didn't care about the tile! ;)

Sarah said...

My favorite was "The talk" part. Where the dad gave the groom the book and cd that talked about the whole wedding night stuff. Then they were listening to it on the way to to the hotel. What the crap? Seriously?!

MeL said...

When I told Philip that we watched it and he asked why, I replied, "Because their weirdness is my entertainment!"

Seriously, it was amazing. You forgot to mention her daily crunchy curls that were glammed up with a tiara and making her bangs one big spiral curl. Oh, and how we almost barfed when we saw them kiss, but it was like closed mouth make out.

AMAZING.

Carol said...

ok seriously!!! i am coming over to watch it. i had no idea i missed such a fantastic show. tuesday morning - lets do it!

Ashley said...

Okay, so I outed myself on your sister's blog and now I feel compelled to comment on yours as well. I am fond of all things Duggar, their creepiness is pure entertainment to me. My favorite parts:

"It's like Lego's" during the Jim Bob/Josh wedding night convo

Josh singing the loyalty song to Anna

Cookie Mama said...

I have to agree that the loyalty song had to be the best Duggar moment. That's where I had to yell "stop it, stop it" I guess he couldn't hear me, he kept going. I was waiting for the sisters to start singing along as back up.

melanie said...

I was totally going to dvr it but forgot. I would be over, but I know it will be on like 10 more times. The commericial where they were sitting in the back of the car was grossing me out. Sounds like I miss a good show.

KatieJ said...

Hey Sara- sorry it took me so long to reply about those iron on transfers! I haven't done any that I've washed and worn a lot, but I think the ones that specify for "dark" fabrics might work better because they go on with a white background and I think that holds the printer ink better maybe. I mostly have used the Avery ones, but I also got some from the craft store- Vintage Workshop brand, but I don't know if it's any better. But thanks for saying I'm resourceful! I like that- I wish I knew more about this for you!

Kelli Wiggins said...

I thought they were completely crazy when they decided to not even kiss until they were married, but me and Bonnie and Kailee were cracking up because their hands were intertwined so much that they only had one arm to work with. And the "Lego" comment was priceless!
Of course Kailee thinks one of the kids will snap some day and rob a Circle K.

Pepper Lovin! said...

I recoreded this too! Hilarious. I love the cd that he gives his son and then they are listening to it on the way to the hotel. YES!!! ANyway, I am commenting because I am or was watching the 1/2 time show of the superbowl and just started laughing. I was thinking of your post about freaking Bruce and the e-street band and cracking up. then I tried to tell my hubby about it and I was laughing to hard.