So, I was hanging out with an adding machine and a stack of EOB's, and decided to brave the numbers. I totaled up the medical expenses incurred for these guys, and thought it might be fun to play a guessing game.First:
So, here are his stats to base the guess on.
Hospital Stay: 177 days
Surgeries: 7
Anesthesia: 10 times
Ambulence rides: 2
Height of EOB's: 2 & 1/8 inches
Next:
Hospital Stay: 89 days
Height of EOB's: 5/8 inch
Lastly:
Hospital Stay: 10 days
Surgery: C-Section
Anesthesia: Epidural, kinda.
Ultrasounds: 13 x 2 (billed twice each time for twins.)
Height of EOB's: 1/4 inch
The prize for guessing closest?
A get out of watching these kids coupon. (Melissa and Mom, you might want to try really hard.)
Actually, I will make a real prize. You can choose: a $25 Olive Garden gift card or a $20 AMC gift card. (Maybe they are re-gifts, but whatev.)
*official game rules: the only rule is I don't want any arguing about closest without going over or not. this isn't price is right. just guess and the closest, over or under, wins. game will end on thursday, july 2nd.


13 comments:
Holy crap! i want to win the game but I dont even want to begin to add up your bills but i did giggle when i read the height of the bills - you are just funny!
reese - $89,234.00
nate - $35,000
sara - $2,000
Reese- $3,436,000
Nate- $1,285,000
Sara- $65,000
i am too lazy to break it down so i am going for a grand total of 550,000.00. I remember the bill for kassidy being a premie and they made me used sterilzed water to wipe her bum and it was $75/bottle! What the crap indeed?!
Yeah, once we got over 60 EOBs in one day from the mail. Our mail lady HATED us. I guess Reese: $7,347,000, Nate $2,347,000 and Sara $457,000.
Do my guesses that I made yesterday count? I thought I did pretty good.
So since there aren't any rules against it, can I make like 20 guesses? I seriously want that Olive Garden gift card, just call me Kendra.
Reese: $2,200,000
Nate: $220,000
You: $22,000
And could there be cuter pictures of your kids? Seriously, I like your boys and I don't mind watching them!
Reese- 1,325,000
Nate- 437,000
Sara- 25,000
It's so nice to know that some one else has an insurance company that hates them too.
Reese - 2,211,000.00
Nate - 1,068,000.00
Sara - 185,000.00
Total - $3,464,000.00
What I think is stupid is that they billed you 2 times for ONE ultrasound. I can see billing for a longer appt, but the same exact bill twice. They only put the goo on ONE time right? I think that means they can only bill once.
I have no idea. I didn't even really look what a standard/single pregnancy/birth cost me. I just know the epidural was about 1200. If I was un-insured, I would still get it.
Reese- $2,575,000
Nate-$786,000
Sara- $32,000
Ps- Anyone at your house need sz 2 diapers? If so, are you going to the Huber Breakfast?
Grandma Berty says, it really doesn't matter, you can't put a price on "miracles". Having said that, I think these little guys -- and you -- should never have to pay another medical bill again.
Reese: $1,350,000.00
Nate: $ 435,985.00
Sara: $ 22,500.00
When can I collect my prize? Ha!Ha! I'm just wondering where the picture of you on your EOB's is?
Forget the gift certificate; if I win I want to hold one of your boys during church! Preferably the one that cries the most so I can go and hang out in the hallway with them.
Reese - $6,000,000
Nate - $1,600,000
Sara - $ 24,000
Grandpa Jeff Says
Reese - $1,545,000.25
Nate - $ 525,327.00
Sara - $ 57,000.45
and I agree with Grandma Berty, you shouldn't have to pay another medical bill.
Post a Comment