Yep, I'm a real mom now with a real kid. What qualified me? I've designated a puke bowl. True to form, it used to be the popcorn bowl, and like ours growing up, it hasn't actually caught any puke. (Also, another side note, yes, it is one of those big gallon icecream tubs that you get from Simon's or MegaFood.) Anyhow, I wanted to share this milestone with all of you. Off to do laundry. Make a great day!
Friday, June 29, 2007
Our house, today.
Yep, I'm a real mom now with a real kid. What qualified me? I've designated a puke bowl. True to form, it used to be the popcorn bowl, and like ours growing up, it hasn't actually caught any puke. (Also, another side note, yes, it is one of those big gallon icecream tubs that you get from Simon's or MegaFood.) Anyhow, I wanted to share this milestone with all of you. Off to do laundry. Make a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Poor Oakley, and poor Sara!! Nothing worse than a sick baby! Teach him now to use the puke bowl, so he won't be like Noelle a couple years ago when she puked on the floor in the middle of the night, and then didn't bother to tell me until the next morning when I went in and smelled the worst possible smell in the world!! Try and clean that up. YUCK! I hope Oakley is better soon!!
Oh no! That is not fun- I hope your little guy is feeling better soon! I guess you need a new popcorn bowl! And you have to tell me about this prison reupholstery business- I've never heard of it! But I am very interrested...
You should ask Amanda for tips on barfing kids. She taught Eden how to barf in a sandwich sized ziploc bag. You can check the proof en route to the Virden Cemetery, actually. It is right at the welcome to Virden sign.
Imagining Eden puking in ziplock baggies is hilarious. Was it a Dixon story about someone puking in one of those veggie baggies that have the tiny holes in them so it was like dripping/spraying out the side like a sprinkler as they passed it up to the front of the car? I don't remember where that story came from but it makes me laugh.
Anyways, Sara I'm sorry that Oakley didn't feel good. Perhaps all the dirt he ate on Thursday night didn't settle well in his little tummy!
Does Oakley look just like Jason here? Hope he can be out in the dirt again today. Did you get more lantana?
yes! kids puking is totally the best... i mean worst!! Way worse in the car as you are driving to an important destination and don't have time for puking! Don't worry the teaching takes time. Eden can truely puke in a sandwich ziplock bag and hand it up to me. I then zip it up and bye bye puke and the smell! Sorry... I'm kind of excited about the improvements she has made :) ps make sure they are not snack size zip lock bags!
oh yes, yes...that was eric scott dixon on an infamous dixon fam excursion slash yearly utah vaca. he did infact puke into a vegetable steaming baggie, and yes, he was sitting in the back seat...and yes the dripping bag of nast was passed up over everyone in the astro. good times, great oldies.
hope you're feelin' betta oakley!
Poor little Oakley! All these comments on vomit are so sick, but I am sure you got a good laugh out of all of them. You are such a good mom to let him use the nice ice cream container to let him throw up into, even though he never did.
Oh boy Sara! I haven't seen your blog in awhile & I can't believe I've neglected myself. I'm seriously laughing out loud! Poor Oakley. And poor you. It's the worst when they can't say, "Um, Mom I think I'm going to properly dispose of my vomit here in this bucket you so conveniently placed beside me." Instead they projectile puke on the Persian rug 15 ft. away. How do they do it?
Oh! I remember that feeling all to well, knowing ant any minute I will have to rush over and help my kid vomit in a bucket, I hope he is feeling better and you survived.
Post a Comment