Then I realized, more likely, he's
In an effort to make up for being an evil witch, tonight I made Jason what he says is the best dinner I've ever made. Either it really was THAT amazing, or I just haven't done so hot the last 8 1/2 years. (I can't imagine it being the second:)) It consisted of BBQ ribs, fried potatoes, corn, grilled artichokes, biscuits and watermelon. Yes, I took a picture to remind Jason later, and also to share with you. By the way, Alyson, still using the great plates you got us for our wedding, they are amazing and don't break, or at least give two bounces before to give you the chance to catch. Who would have known that forest green gingham would ever go out of style? :) Oh, and food looks gross when you take a picture of it with the flash on, all greasy and shiny, but I ate it, so there's no retakes....I know what you Jones' are thinking.


15 comments:
Dad says: Make sure you look before preheating. Wicked witch #1 says: Make sure your contacts are in so the little guy can't hold out a stick and trick you into thinking it's his finger.
By the way, the dinner looks delicious. I can almost smell it.
please excuse my dear aunt sally (ha, ha mathletes.) Not so much MDAS as Oakley's crusty snotty nose, the hand prints allover the "new cool unprintable s. steel oven" (they lie,) and whatever it is that boiled over from the oven, down and out the door, into the warming drawer. I don't even remember that happening. Hopefully this will just make you feel better if your house and kid isn't spotless, or give you something to gossip about if yours are.
Yay! I'm glad the ribs worked! You're ruining it for the rest of it by have multi-course meals. My fam thinks it's amazing when we have more than the main dish on their plates, and it's usually just canned veggies or something. I love Oakley in the warming drawer, just watch out for when he can climb into the fridge, that's when it's fun!
Diddo to Aly. I thought I was doing great last night by making spaghetti - which is kind of like two things, you know the sauce in one pan and the noodles in another. Plus I went the extra mile and made garlic bread, which equals me making three things for dinner. And that still doesn't top Sara's eight courses...and dessert! Ha ha, no wonder Jason thought it was the best night ever!
Yay for less camp, more blog time! I just hate it when my calling cuts into my blog obsession. jk {sort of} um, just wanted to tell you that you are my hero. That meal looks amazing with a capitol yummy. The one time that I tried to make a martha-esque big meal like that, I blew a fuse, & clogged the garbage disposal with potato peels. And cried. A lot. My hat is off to you & your wifely cooking endeavors. oh, and ps: oakley is totally adorable as usu'l.
I want ribs. And grilled artichoke. And watermelon. And bessskuuts (remember when Chris would say it like that? He's funny). Your meal looks like it could be on the cover of country cooking magazine or something! (Does that magazine exist? If not, you could start one. Oh, and about Oakley in the oven- for some morbid reason that totally reminded me of Kevin's Stretch Armstrong he had that he left out in the cold, so I put it in the oven to to warm up and forgot about it until I smelled melting rubber and it was a Drip Armstrong instead. And about those "printless" (and I use that term loosely) appliances... Although I don't own any, it seems like they are always the ones with the most prints/smudges/blowfish on them when I see them at Home Depot. It's a scandal!
Jake
Dang it! I hate it when I forget to close parenthesis! It's the literary equivilant to forgetting to zip up your zipper!
ok what's even more impressive with your dinner is the fact that you spent all afternoon at my house making ties and then you still went home and cooked that dinner - i am very impressed and i have no plans of showing this to jared because i dont want him getting any ideas :)
okay its summer and you still cook? i dont know why but for some reason i have taken the excuse of its too hot to cook to like a new extreme. I am extremely impressed with your cooking given that it is dang hot. Maybe its because you actually have a grill. I'm jealous. It looks oh so tasty. I'll tell devin to avoid looking at any more blogs that involve fabulous cooking so he doesnt realize how lame my non-cooking strike is.
hey, you can have us over to dinner anytime! that looks great. i love the summer time because it makes grilling fun... then again, we don't live in AZ.
you & aly = definitely in the bookclub...details to come! lol
I'm not even sure you will read this comment because you probably wont even notice that it is here. you have so many comments all ready. But I just wanted to say that I think I am going to put pictures of my meals to try to compeat with you. You should have seen my grilled cheese or cheese crisp the other day. They were quite the rage.J\K Whenever I try to make things fancy they come out burnt. I heard in some cultures that carbon is a delicacy. So I call all my food culture food.
Kev
p.s.I hate when you want to be funny so bad but you can't think of anything funny to say so you just start writing and come up with something and then when you read it over again(notice I didn't say proof-read because we all know that I don't correct spelling errors and punctuation and run-on sentences) you realize that all of it was in vain because it really wasn't that funny. And might just sound like a mom. (Not our mom... if you are reading this)
Kev, Way to cover your behind - "not our mom". It is too like your mom. Anyway, I think you are always funny and I was laughing at your culture food. Remember that you can always say, "My mom thinks I'm funny." (Make sure to say it in your Kipp voice.) I know that is no consolation for you but I have the best, smartest and funniest kids on the planet (and now I'm crying because I got so emotionally touched). Love you! Mom
Ahh, Mom! You are the best mom ever! I'm glad you are such a fan of all us kids!
Okay, now Sara, I'm waiting on pins and needles for a new post to read. I thought camp was over! If you're out of ideas, just talk about gross patients- its bound to get some reactions!
Jake
Post a Comment