Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What's up.

In case you haven't noticed, my life is fairly boring, so I haven't felt any reason to post as of late. However, I know I get bored when others don't update regularly, so, I felt it was time.

So, here's what I've been doing.

#1 / 4:20 : Pulling Weeds.

I thought it might be nice to pull weeds before they become monsterous in my backyard, and also thought, while I'm doing it I may as well get a tan. I quickly noticed that the neighbors were cleaning out their RV and could see over my fence, and didn't want them seeing me like this.
I'll just have to lay out in a clicky-clicky lawn chair sometime.

I completed the task about two hours later and decided to pose next to my amazing work. Oh, and I lost an arm in the process. BTW, it's not the easiest thing to do when your kid thinks that you want to play horse the whole time.
My sad, sad hands after the process. Yes, they snag on smooth things.

#2: Being the best wife ever.

I've packaged the cutest little gift baskets for Jason's auto glass company. It was super fun, but I can't make a quick decision if my life depended on it.
Awwww, so cute.

#3: Going to a Staff Meeting.

(actual phone call:)
Mindi: Good Morning Lakeside Cosmetic Dentistry...
Sara: Hey, its me. Um, what are we doing for staff meeting? Are we doing lunch or are we just eating there?
Mindi: We were just talking about what we should pick up. We're going to eat here and have the meeting at 12.
Sara: Alright, see ya in a few. (thinking, phew, I don't have to get ready, I'll just get there after I'm sure patients are gone and leave before any get there.)
Surprise! Guess where we went for lunch? Nope, not the office, Gecko Grill. I looked so amazing I didn't include the face. The cut-off sweats were enough.

On Mindi's behalf, I want to explain it wasn't her fault. She wasn't told the update. On everyone else's behalf, it wasn't their fault, I shouldn't leave the house looking like I'm straight off COPS.

#4: Obsessing over my Vacuum Lines.

Heaven..... for a second. If people would just quit walking on the carpet, it'd be fine.

The end.

P.S. Today at lunch with Kev and Nicole, I saw Erica Gordon and Chris Westergard. No, not together. That's all.

14 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Tell me about it having you hands snag on smooth things. The worst is when the dirt gets embedded into your skin and then you feel all dirty/car mechanic-y. But the alternative? Wearing sweaty leather gloves that may or may not have a scorpion in them???? No thanks.

Mary Postert said...

Okay, so I was trying to figure out that weeds picture and I thought that maybe you chopped down a couple trees because why else would that pile be so high. And then it donned on me, that fence is super tall. Who has a fence that tall? So I clicked on the picture and blew it up and the truth was revealed. Nice one. Impressive photoshopping skills.

MeL said...

Okay, totally laughing at the weeds picture. And the fact that Oakley thought you were playing horsey the whole time. And Mankini, always awesome. And way to show up everyone at Gecko Grill. Maybe I laughed at that the most. And since you didn't post your head, I'm guessing that you had a somewhat high ponytail that might have been a little to the side, and bangs that were either in a bobby pin at some point and falling down, or pulled back tight. Oh, and slept in makeup. The best part about this desription though is that it also fits me at this exact moment.

Missy said...

I AM DYING...you are hilarious. I can always rely on you for a cheap thrill.

amanda p. said...

you=hilarious!! and I LOVE your weeds picture!

The Jones Fam said...

Nice weed.

Too bad the only thing I was thinking after reading this post was how bad I wanted some cut off sweats like yours. You're edgy enough to pass it off as the new style- "shaggy-chic".

And so I guess Jason now has an auto-glass company??? Does he also do a little consulting and investments on the side too? Such a shrewd business man. I am so out of the loop.

Emily raises an excellent point about unwelcomed visitors inside gloves. Whenever I put on my work gloves to do yard work I always throw them on the ground and step on them (while slightly panicking) to squish any possible spiders.

Jake

Shannon said...

You crack me up. Love the post glad to see an update. It's a bummer you lost an arm pulling all those weeds...Im sure the backyard looks great though...totally worth it! Love the sweats shot...so funny...how was Gecko Grill...haven't been there in forever.

Beth said...

Was the 4:20/weed part of the post an homage to Kev's fair return to the valley? Is Nicole in on it too? You make me laugh a bunch, currently oat meal is in my nasal passage and it really shouldn't be. Thanks. I'd like to be reimbursed for the oatmeal not consumed and the time that I was laughing. Oh and writing this response, has taken 2/10ths of an hour so we'll put you down for 1 billable hour. (I'm practicing being a real lawyer). BTW- I think a comped meal at Blecka Grill is in order as well.
chris or cj or 'the siege'

Sarah said...

Your are so funny. I know how you feel about being boring but when you put it in writing it sounds so interesting.

The Jones Fam said...

I'll just add to the rest...you are so funny! So fun that Kev and Nicole are back home! Miss, I imagined Sara's head the same way, except with her glasses on. You always look good Sara! Trashy/Flashy! I love that Oakley thought you were playing horsey the whole time, sometimes I feel like a part-time jungle-gym...Why do they want to race cars on my head?
-Nat

Carol said...

this is exactly why i checked your blog - so i could put a little smile on my face :) great pictures of the weeds and your outfit - i love it. ok so this is totally nasty, your hands snag on smooth things because you were doing a good deed around your house, my heels snag on smooth things cause they are nasty!
ps - cute gift baskets, you ARE a good wife!

Maren said...

When you go out in sweats and the like, are you like me and always looking over your shoulder to see if Clinton and Stacy are sneaking up behind you with a camera crew? Whenever I make it home and "What not to wear" hasn't surprised me with an invitation to be the next style interventionee, I think, "Man, those guys missed some GREAT material today."

What is your email again- I promise I won't lose it this time. Promise!!

This is Candice, not Maren

The Fletchies said...

I think you should go out in cut off sweats more often. Last time I was at walmart they had petite sweats for three dollars. Don't worry I bought like twenty pair. All with the intention of turning them into cut offs. Sorry about your hands getting so torn up, you totally are the Jones in the family doing all the yard work etc. Oh and vacuum lines are the best. We just got our carpets cleaned and I got to revel in the fact that my house seemed clean for like a week and a half till all the carpets got matted again. stupid apartments and their cheap carpet.

Brent and Brooke said...

Love the weeds picture! You are so funny. I didn't know that you thought we weren't going somewhere for staff meeting, I thought you just really liked sweats!