Friday, August 22, 2008

Free Doughnuts!

What could be just as good as a Filiberto's breakfast burrito on a lazy Friday Morning?Absolutely.

This morning on my way out to my brother, Kevin's house to paint (pictures of that later,) I decided that what I really needed was some delicious.

The drive-thru was empty and they said that the original glazed were being served hot. Mmmmmmm. So, a half dozen I must have.

I handed over my debit card, and the girl came back saying it was declined. (Imagine me breaking into a sweat.)

Not a problem, I handed over a credit card. The girl gives it back, stating it's expired. Sure enough, it's not 2006 anymore. (I turn the A/C up now because I'm getting really hot.)

Allrighty, last chance, I handed over my cute, clear American Express I got when I was 18 with a $300 limit, checking the expiration date before. The girl hands it back, is silent for a minute, and then lets me know that it says the card number is inactive.

I stare down at my wallet, thinking... library card? moon valley gift card? bahama bucks punch card? and then turn around and tell Oakley to spit out his donut to which the girl quickly responds, "It's okay, keep them."

It's a Krispy Kreme Miracle!

P.S. I called my bank, Wells Fargo whom I seriously love, and they said they had suspected fraud so they stopped my debit card. After listing several transactions, sure enough, some little jerks had gotten a hold of my debit card number. SO, I'm out of a debit card for a couple of weeks.

Good news though, he said my checks were still usable. Phew! Um, so anybody want to be in line behind me while I write out a check?

8 comments:

HooHoo said...

Man! It's good that they stopped the card theives but could they have let you know? I guess they did, to the expense of Krispy Kream. Two of those sure tasted good!

Carol said...

holy cow that story was crazy. love that you got free donuts...totally feel bad that every card was rejected for one reason or another and i would have been so humiliated but i love that you make oakley spit it out :) i am sorry someone has got a hold of your debit card, thats the worse part. way to go wells fargo though (although a heads up phone call would have been nice!)

Miss Fergie said...

Loved that little story, you should seriously be a writer. I was an edge all the way through :). By the way now I'm seriously craving Krispy Kremes, thanks alot!

Sarah said...

At least you got the doughnuts. We had that happen and it sucks to be without money, well at least you might spend less. :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, Your story is way better than mine, but it reminds me of my half price drink stop at sonic the other day and I only brought a dollar and some change, and i didn't realize it was not happy hour anymore. the poor kid working must have felt bad as i searched for more change, he told me he had a coupon back there and that I could go!! It made my day

The Jones Fam said...

hooray for free donuts! That works at Jamba Juice too where I had a similar experience...Hey what are you having? When do you find out? I am so excited for you!
-Nat

Candice said...

Oh the shame... sorry for your embarrassment.

For lunch the other day I had one of the frosting filled, chocolate glazed ones. Mmmmmm. I wish I would have known about the freebies.

Anonymous said...

I had check fraud and that was sooo annoying! But actually probably not as annoying as your sitch on account of because it was an account we never used that had 25 bucks in it lol. Glad you got to keep the donuts :)