Monday, January 26, 2009

The Anti-Eisoptrophobia

You guys, I have a problem.

I have a ridiculous obsession with shiny objects,
namely, mirrors.

I have noticed this more recently, realized that it's not just a recent problem, it's just getting worse.

While I was walking down the hall at the hospital, I caught myself staring at myself in the reflection of the windows. All the way down the hallway.

And then, in the fish-eye mirrors to let you know if there's someone coming around the corner.

Also, in the reflection of the nurses glasses.

The worst is at work. We have 2 real mirrors. I practically whip-lash myself everytime I walk past one of them.

What's the deal? It's stupid.

SO- if you catch me doing it, poke me in the eye and tackle me to the ground before I recover. Please. I'm annoying myself.

5 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Okay, truly you and Julia are twins. When we sit at the kitchen table, you can see your reflection in the french doors behind you. And Julia's favorite thing on the planet is looking at herself in the doors when she is talking to you instead of looking at you. It is amazing. We severely harass her about it daily. And I bet Laura is going to post the same comment..

Brent and Brooke said...

Umm, you need to punch me at work when I do the same exact thing. My thoughts are usually, Wow I look like crap...(walk by mirror again) wow I really really look like crap. I need help

Jenny Hogle said...

Lol I think maybe its a Jones thing? THats what I blame everything on. . . and I do it too sometimes. I'll try watch for it the next time i see you.

Miss Fergie said...

How can you blame yourself, your hot!

MeL said...

Um yes, let's call it a Jones thing since I am always looking for my reflection in EVERYTHING. I'm kind of jealous that the Reid Joneses have the french doors, can you imagine how convenient that would be?