Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Half-Way Home

Guess who is in LOVE?

Oakley finally got to meet and touch Nate today. He was amazed with his tiny feet that could clap.

He keeps referring to him as "ReeseNate." He'lll be so suprised when we bring Reese home and have two babies to love!

We had a little good-bye party (or more a good-bye photo shoot) and got to get the boys together.
This is us with Dr. Hamburg. She is AMAZING! We love, love her and are grateful that she loves our boys as much as we do. We made the boys matching onesies that said, "Delta Delta Hamburg" on them since she referred to them as her frat boys. She's so cute, she totally cried and took pictures and told everyone to come and look at them. I'm a little sad that the picture turned out blurry! I thought we were in the digital age and could avoid that. Maybe not.
Nate on his last date with Megan. She is such a fantastic and smart nurse! We feel so lucky that she bonded so well with Nate that she decided to be the boy's primary nurse. We really have had the best NICU experience we could have ever dreamed of!
Dr. Hamburg said that she thinks Reese will get to "go for pizza," as she calls it, at least by Monday, maybe sooner.

I can't believe we're getting to be somewhat back to normal so soon!

P.S. Nate's hospital stay was 85 days. We haven't gotten the bill yet, but any guesses what the grand total for both boys will be?

13 comments:

Jessie Brown said...

Yeah! I'm so happy that you got to bring home little Nate. I hope everything goes well for Reese too so you can welcome him home soon.
PS my sister had her twins girls and they are in the NICU too right now. They were 7 weeks early.

Jenn said...

Congratulations! Those boys are so cute. I hope things continue to go well!

Krystal said...

Sara that is so awesome! I am so glad that Nate is home. The pictures of him and Oakley are so cute! Hopefully Reese is home soon.

Our kids each stayed 59 days in the NICU, with no surgeries, and the total bill for them was about 1 million each. That was 2 years ago. So my guess is that your grand total is going to be about 1.5-2 million each?...

Carroll Family said...

Normal??? You're bringing home twins, remember? JK Oakley looks so happy!!! I bet you were just flying! I can't even begin to guess how much it will be.

Amy said...

Hey Sara, congratulations on the twins. I stock your blog now and again when I come across it! You look great! I don't even need to tell you that you are going to have your hands full. I'm sure you already know!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog pretty much the best out of all the blogs I read. You have an incredible sense of humor and I actually laugh outloud.
Thanks for the pictures and updates on the babies. I am so happy they are doing so well!!!
God Bless you,
Jason's cousin's wife, Chris Smith

Kelli Wiggins said...

So if we guess correctly does that mean we have to pay the bill? Then I'm gonna say about 10 bucks or so. LOL
Congrats to your little family finally getting to be 'normal'. You guys are so cute and always upbeat. Plus Sara's blogs are always a treat to read!
Love, Kelli

The Jones Fam said...

Great news!!! I'm sure Nate let Megan down easy. Probably gave her the "I think you're a great person" speech but then in the end said they are better off as friends. We hope Reese follows soon. Oakley will be in for a surprise! And I don't even want to guess the bill... yikes!

Jake

Carol said...

yay!!! i LOVE the pictures of those boys together but i LOVE the pictures of oakley with nate even better...that is true happiness on his face, gave me goosebumps. congrats on bringing nate home, i can't wait for the post when reese comes home.

KatieJ said...

Hooray! I am so glad you got to bring one of the guys home and I hope the other one gets to meet his big brother soon! I love Oakley's face in those pictures. Random, those onesies reminded me of a Raymond where he said "living with 3 little kids is like living in a frat house- It's always loud, everything's broken, and there's lots of throwing up." (or something like that...) Anyways, I'm really happy for you guys!

MommyCandi said...

I'm so happy that one of your little miracles is coming home and the other one is doing so good! The pictures with big brother are priceless!

Makennah's NICU stay was 104 days (5 weeks at one hospital & 10 weeks at the other). At the 1st one it was 275K without any surgeries and the 2nd one we had 2 surgeries and it was about 600K.

Sarah said...

My preemie was in the hospital for 6 weeks - her total was just shy of $450,000

I give your guess around $600,000 -maybe they will give you a two for one special!!!

amanda p. said...

Your boys are so SUPER cute each in their own ways! Holy cow I loved Oakley's face with Nate and seriously babies round belly's are maybe my favorite... followed up closely with tiny little feet. So precious I am in love :) Good thing our kids love us no matter what we look like greasy hair and jammies and all huh? :)