Monday, June 21, 2010

Yes, They're Real.

Reese got glasses. The eye doctor suggested we get them from the optical shop in his office. He explained that our insurance didn't cover them there, and it would at Nationwide, "but Nationwide's are crap."
Really? Really? Really.

I have a suggestion, Doctor. How 'bout next time, I'll grab the whole kit from Target so we can have the toy too, and it'll save us like $300. I'd hate to see what Nationwide's look like.

Regardless of my dismay, poor little guy can see! When we put them on him in the office, he just looked up at my face for a few seconds, totally studying it. Then he looked at his hands, then his toys and his whole world is better. He is now braver with trying to walk and stand, so, they actually are helping.

Oh, additionally, they are transitional lenses. Yep, they turn into sunglasses outside. Sweet.

15 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

I LOVE REESE'S GLASSES!!!!!! He is SO cute! Mom told me about these and I was hoping you'd post a picture. Doctors are idiots.

Jake

Team Caldwell said...

Oh my! You either need to constantly dress him as potato head or do the poor little guy a favor and paint them!! You're crafty. Maybe black with sone skulls:) come on now you know you didn't really need that $300! At least he looks so darn cute that it's all ok!

Shannon said...

Your little guy can rock any kind of glasses....especially Mr. Potato Heads!! He looks stinkin cute!!

Carol said...

ok he is just so dang cute!! ok got a little teary eyed when he could started studying his toys, you, trying to walk now - i love that boy!

Carroll Family said...

Ahhhhhhhhh - poor little guy! I remember when I got glasses and how amazing the world was and didn't realize it was supposed to be that way - but, I can't imagine at his age! I would love to have been in his head when you put those on for the first time!!!

angiedunn said...

are you kiddin' me: that is 100% honestly the cutest thing i've ever seen! i love it-he rocks them well. stinkin' cute sara! i'm so happy he can see...he's so adorable-can't get over it!

Sarah said...

I think you know what his next Halloween costume will be.
Oh he is so sweet and cute, he probably loves seeing good he really rocks those glasses.

HooHoo said...

Yup! He's seriously having a great time with his glasses and now is sort of a dare devil kind of guy. I let him play outside today, just to watch them turn into sunglasses. It's amazing that they really do. I love how his personality just enhances the cuteness. I can't get quite enough of him.

Kirk and Aly said...

So so so cute! I love that little buddy! I didn't know they were sunglasses too. Jealous! Maybe I can borrow them?

debbie said...

i really think you should have gotten red ones...to match our red baron...but i like the potato head comparison...spot on...although, reese is soooo much cuter...i love that he can see!!!...it is a whole new world. when stockton got them, i didn't realize how bad it really was! hurray for glasses, no matter the fashion! my kids love him in his new specs...he rocks!

The Jones Fam said...

Go Reese! I am so excited that little boy can see the world more clearly now! He looks way cute in them and mr. p doesn't compare!
-nat

Miss Niss said...

he is adorable!! how great that he can see so much better now!!!

The Fletchies said...

Kids with glasses are the cutest! He's gonna have the ladies lining up!

Cookie Mama said...

Oh my heck he is the cutest thing in glasses!

KatieJ said...

He is SO cute and you are so funny! Those are awesome.