Friday, September 14, 2007

RGB - Woohoo!


So, my friend that I affectionately call Cleaners' Katie has awarded me the fantastic and prestigious "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award. Who knew that such an award even existed? Apparently she did, because she was recently a recipient of it. Now, she truly deserves it because she has one of those cute headers and shows how to do cute crafty things step-by-step regularly on her blog. Me, I dunno, you know how random I am, how few and far between the posts are and who can forget the non-funny spell that is still trying to rebound from the summer. However, she says I'm deserving, so THANKS!
P.S. She's Cleaners' Katie because we both worked together at the cleaners in high school, trying on ugly clothes and doing cart races with the laundry carts. Anyone that worked there deserves some sort of award. (Interestingly enough, several of my recipients did.)

Moving on, It is now my heavy responsibility to award 5 others with this award. So, here they go. Oh, and this is in no particular order, so #5, don't cry that your #5, it's just who's pictures I come to first...Drum roll please...........

#1: Ah, Miss.
In case you were thinking that I was totally in love with myself and chose myself, don't you worry, this isn't me. This is my incredibly entertaining sister Melissa. If you check her blog, this week's posts have been amazing. So, maybe I'm a little biased, because the recent posts have been focusing on each member of our family. She so accurately describes each person and has spent much time scanning in the most amazing pictures, specifically chosen to portray each person's highlights in life. Please look at another amazing picture of her in the last of the fore-mentioned posts, her in the front row of the family picture with the afro. Wasn't she a doll? So, other than the family tributes, my favorite post of hers was Best songs Ever because we think the same.

I am a bit sentimental about Heather's blog because it was the first blog that I remember seeing. My sister (Miss) was looking at someones, and I saw Heather's name as a link, and I said, "Oh, click on that one, they are the most attractive family ever!" Luckily for me, it happened to be the week after Easter, and she had just done the Easter post, with fantastic pictures. That's when I realized that blogging could be the funnest hobby ever. I love Heather's blog because she doesn't try to impress people with her life, she's just so herself.

Next, #3: Emjuan (EMily, JUlia, ANnie) aka the Motherless Jones Girls.

These girls (who happen to be my cousins) are so fun! They are one of the blogs that I check daily to see if there has been any new posts. One of my favorite things about them is their struggle or goal in life is to be "classy not trashy." I have to admit, I would be devastated it they got all high class on me, because we enjoy so many of the same things (crummy TV) and I get comfort in not being the only one with the need to see just about every show on E! and know what' s going on in the life of Spencer and Heidi. There are so many posts of theirs that have had me completely lol-ing so I'll just name a few: Our new Motto, Things we love/hate Tuesdays, Sad, and anything about Kittens or Scorpions. So, basically their entire blog.

#4: It's Angelicious!
So, those of you who aren't one of the 128,345,982,332 people who stalk Angie daily, maybe you should. I've told her that she is the visiting teacher of the blogging world. She totally brings people together. Everyone loves her and that is evidenced by the 20+ comments she gets on each adorable post. It sometimes doesn't seem fair that someone should be so good at everything, but if someone is, she deserves it. Her posts are so fun, totally her, and make you want a dog named Mr. Myagi, a daughter named Chloe, and your scrapbooks done by her (so when do you want me to drop off all my pictures? still not funny even when it's from me?) She writes totally like she thinks, so don't get thrown off by the words "slash, o'___," and others either acronymed or incredibly shortened and sometimes gangsta-fied slash made-up. My fave Angie post? Definitely this one.

Ugh, I'm getting wordier as I go. I was trying to keep this short!

Lastly, #5: Erica


Um, so I'm a little nervous about this one, because I've never commented to this person before but I check her every single day (Melissa says I'm not allowed to comment to people that I don't know because it's creepy - she'd know, she has had so many random stalkers, it's great!) However, she does know I exist, because she once commented that she found my comment I had left to Melissa humorous. Melissa is apparently the boss. Anyhow, back to Erica. Some have her listed as "Hillariousnes" and "PG-13" which would both be accurate. I was relieved when I found out she had majored in journalism, because her eloquently phrased whit is a bit to compete with. So, yes, Erica definitely is a Rockin' Girl Blogger. She was the originator of Things I hate ___day, and recently has started Tuesdays with Jihone. These occurrences are gems, and we pray that she gets a laptop soon or gets around the blog-blocker at work! Okay, I guess I'd better let her know.

Okay girls, retrieve your award (um, copy and paste) and award five more to deserving blogs. Ah man! Seriously, I just barely realized that this is a tag-type-thing, so sorry.

Enjoy these blogs, I sure do! Also, so many of you deserve honorable mentions, Mom & Dad: who's parents have a blog and have an amazing picture in their profile and have people in their ward say, "I looked at your parents blog, they are so funny!" I do. Alyson who once received the comment, "If you were as funny in real life as you wrote, you'd be hilarious," she is alright? Freaking Hilarious at that! Stacie, who else posts several times a day and takes their camera everywhere including the hospital at 2 in the morning? Only Stacie, a serious blogger. I have to thank Brookie (the cookie) for setting my blog up for me in the first place. And, on and on and on. I love all of your blogs! That's why I have each of you on the right sidebar - I love to check them all. Sara-out.

9 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Okay, so I feel beyond honored that our blog is mentioned among our blog idols. Namely Tartraz, Angie, and Melissa. If we all had a blog together, it would seriously be amazing. Seriously.

p.s. I just received a tivo as a gift, so the color coded spreadsheet will now become a reality! I am SO excited!!!

angiedunn said...

I am crazy-delighted by this ode to blogs. I too, am def feeling cool catagorized w/ such amazing blig-blogs. Could Mels family posts BE any cuter? And, I'm pretty sure that every single one of Erica's readers would donate 10 dollars to her new laptop. Am I wrong? And I love reading Emily's blog because she thinks of GENIUS ideas like a color coded TV spreadsheet! And Heather, I don't know you, but don't go thinkin' I haven't stalked your blog before. And your blog Sara!: hello the hilariousness!

And this is random: but you know the white dress that you are wearing w/ the red jewelry & cute peep toes in your fam pic on Mel's Chris & Beth post? Well, it's cute & i want it.

Um, thanks again for saying such nice stuff, it made my Friday night of depressing shopping/session #25 of jeans-don't-fit-i-give-up...a much happier one.

angiedunn said...

oh, and i'm back {don't worry, still blogging} to tell you, i'm sorry you have a crappy cold. i've turned a corner today, but am still minorly cranky & pre-snap material also. i hope saturday brings you & i both feeling 100% again-ness. k, bye for reals.

Missy said...

Consider yourself BLOCKED from my blog...AGAIN! I never win anything...thanks for nothing.

(see I try to make you laugh, even when I am dead-serious)

Sara! said...

Missy was seriously on my list several times, but she's private. Ha ha to you suckers that she doesn't trust. I will be hosting a Missy Blog Viewing Party and charging $10 for 3 minutes of stalking pleasure.

Missy said...

I'll make sure I post some of my Starla/Bikini shots to make it worth it. Although I think I get the most viewers when I post pics of myself on my Wedding Day...I was SUCH a beautiful bride. (don't even feel sorry for me the ones that have viewed my wedding pics, I don't even cry about them anymore...therapy done me good) Thanks for cheering me up about not getting the award...I was ready to delete my blog all together.

P.S. Your funnies are way funnier that my funnies.

Heather said...

I never win ANYTHING! Yeah! I'm always so bugged because Tadd wins everything. I just ride on his coat tails. (I swear that's how I'm going to get to heaven.)

Thanks for the props! You are hilarious & I love your blog. Too bad most of our interaction is virtual. We need to plan a girls night! Get on that.

MeL said...

I'm really pretty. Do you think the tie/wannabe Avril bandwagon is over? I hope not.

Anyhoo, thanks for the love. You are way too nice, and I'm kind of laughing that you didn't realize this was a tag-ish thing until you were almost done.

P.S. Missy, you need to stop being private. I only get to enjoy your blog when I steal Sara's username and password, and I consider myself lucky that I know those things. I will totally give you an award if you quit this whole private business. And by the way, we have twinner names, fun huh?

Carol said...

ok so i wont post comments on blogs of people who dont know me either but i have to say i have read each of the blogs you mentioned and they are all quite funny. good picks.