Saturday, September 8, 2007

So long, Farewell, I leave in saying Adieu!

I have a fetish for baby shoes. They make me laugh, mostly because they are so completely unnecessary. These are Oakley's Sunday penny-loafers, which happen to be my faves because they are so nerdy! He's grown out of them so we took a few pictures in memorial.I finally dressed him up like an old man to show how amazing they are.

I really wanted to make him a creepy old man with an open shirt, gold chains dancing in his chest hair, and no socks, but his chubby soft feet wouldn't go in without socks. So we settled for the nursing home old man.

I'm going to miss these hideous things.

19 comments:

Sarah said...

He is so cute! I love baby shoes too. But my problem is I buy them then never use them because they usually just kick them off.

Carol said...

well i am just jealous your son can fit in shoes even if they are old man shoes :) elias' feet are so fat on the top that they dont fit in shoes - good thing i bought him a bunch of nikes to sit on his closet shelf and collect dust..ho hum.
i think your old folks home grandpa son is cute :)

Miss Niss said...

he is so adorable!!! and i LOVE the shoes!

Logan & Lindy said...

I must say he is the cutiest Old man I have ever seen!!! You are so funny!! He is so cute!!! You could cute a nice long V in his shirt! Add some nice Hair to it! Then he is set for the OLD MAN look =0)

Brooke said...

cute boy, cute shoes.

bubblegumandlipgloss said...

no fair, my babies can't wear shoes for a way long time. their feet a way too fat. they have to wear those robeeze (sp?) things and even then, they squish out. oh well.

those are cute shoes! and he is a really cute baby!

MeL said...

Oh how I have been waiting for this day! We have talked so many times about dressing him like an old man, but to see it done is absolutely AMAZING! Good thing his new penny loafers are a tad big, that way next time we can dress him up like dirty old man with no socks and draw chest hair on him.
Sara, I like your kid. I think you should have lots more just like him. And I think that when you have a girl, we should get her some white nurse loafers and dress her up like an old lady. Get on that okay?

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

I LOVE that you make your son be a creepy old man. Halloween costume is done!

Anonymous said...

He is a cutie! I am LoViNg those shoes...sO cUtE!! Thanks for the update on the reunion! How fun that you found me... :)

Kirk and Aly said...

He will be the cutest creepy old man in about 80 years! He is so spiritual that he is sitting on the Ensign. Did you guys just finish reading him an article? Love that kid!

HooHoo said...

I'm with Emily, Halloween costume is set, and if the shoes are too small he just won't be able to run away as fast. Does he have Chinese Checkers down to an art yet?

Carol said...

ok so i dont want to take away from your old man here so i sent you 2 emails..check them and let me know what you think..

Anonymous said...

I agree, baby shoes are completely not needed, but exceptionally cute. Oakley the old man.

angiedunn said...

Cutest old man ever! That's hilarious. But I wouldn't expect anything less coming from you. You are constantly the funniest ever. Way to be, way to be.

Marie said...

Aside from Cute Oakley, I never knew the words right there were "I leave in saying Adieu" I always thought the "Leave in saying" part was in German too. Man I stink at lyrics.

Missy said...

So I can't figure out...do you like these shoes or not...come on, I need to know!!! I think they are cute.

And he makes a very cute/creepy old man/baby.

Do you slightly like Sound of Music? I wanted to be Leisl (?) so bad when I grew up. (whichever one that danced with the boy in the gazebo thing) Maybe I should watch it again before I say things like that.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Seriously, I wish I was as cool as you and thought of the comment you left me. Carrying around a tv guide instead of a planner? Genius!

p.s. Maybe I am going to copy you and say that to someone and they will think I/you are hilarious.

The Jones Fam said...

Yes- John Jones was in our ward by the temple and we heard from someone else that he is now working at Greenfield pediatrics. He's a super great guy- one of the nicest and funniest in the world and I'm sure he's a great doctor. I'm so excited that you met him! Yay for Oakley for getting tubes! (And yay for you to have a less cranky kid as a result!) Tell John we said hi next time you see him.

Jake

KatieJ said...

That is the cutest picture- baby shoes are the best! I awarded you the rockin girl blogger award- come pick it up from my blog!