Sunday, February 3, 2008

Oak-a-doodle-doo!

So, tonight I said, "Son, don't put cheese in your ears."
Jason laughed and commented it was something he never thought he'd hear.
I responded, "You must have not heard me last week when I told him not to put marshmallows in his ears."

So, I realized; not all of you get a hearty daily dose of Oakley, so it's time for me to give you all an update.


Our little monster, or man, is now 18 months old (for another day or two.) He is so much fun, but sometimes I forget.

Some things, it appears, he has gotten from me:

His equal love for sleep and food.
He is a good gift reciever.
His attention to detail.His determination to figure it out himself.
His love of dirt and plants (which may be from me and my parents.)Speaking of my parents; his love of them.
A little while back, I got him in the car and said, "Do you want to go to Grandma's?" He was cranky and whining the whole way until we turned onto ElMoro, and then he said, "Oh, Whama's," like , "Oh, the fun grandma's."His thinking he's really funny.(when he closes his eyes, he thinks he's hilarious)
His dimple in his chin.
There are other qualities, that seem more Jason-like:

His love of play
and singing. (Popcorn popping: "it wasn't really so...")
His love of basketball (but I think it might really just be the company and the snacks, which is more me.)
His love of being the boss when it comes to driving.
He can do it himself and doesn't need any help.
His love to hang with the girls,
and put on their shoes.
His dislike of sloppy-joes.
His control issue. Swinging is okay, as long as he feels like he's in control. But don't go to high!His love of talking on the phone.His super cute buns.
Some things are just him:

His obsession with shredding paper/paper products/food.

Did ya get enough?

We're obviously the parents of one.

16 comments:

Carol said...

is it in appropriate of me to ask if jason's buns are as cute as oakley's?! :) great pictures and comments to go along with each one. tell him that i love snacks at games more than the game also! ha ha.

Guthrie's said...

When Oakley was at my house for a few minutes one day he found a little eraser and was trying to poke it in his ear. Rachel was quick and caught it before it went in. Whew! I put a couple of pictures of him on my blog if you want to check them out. He is sure a cute kid!

HooHoo said...

Way to sum him up! He is such a fun kid. Who is he like when he throws left handed? Natalie or Beth?

Rachel said...

Oakley is the little boy of my dreams. When I have a boy someday, he needs to be just like Oakley. Thanks for letting me borrow him every once and a while.

The Fletchies said...

k i am so glad that you posted all about oakley because baby love/ really cute pictures of them where we get to know his personality better are totally appreciated. i really like this post. i give it a ten.
p.s. you dress him really well. ten points again!

Brooke said...

i need your email so you can still visit my blog....email me at rstokes22@cox.net!

Mary Postert said...

I've been meaning to ask you, does your husband assistant coach the Mt. View boys basketball team? Tanner and I go to a lot of the MHS basketball games because we know one of the dudes on the team. At the game against Mt. View, the assistant coach looked a lot like your hubby. Is it?

Kirk and Aly said...

brynn wants to say hi to Oakley and have him come to her house. (She was the one who typed her name - wow!) I agree with Rachel, Oakley is the boy of my dreams too, and we like to borrow him sometimes (not often enough) to pretend we have a boy in our family. What a cutie!! I love all these fun characteristics about him!

Team Caldwell said...

They put me in nursery at the beginning of the year. so last we they decided to have me move rooms so now I have Oakley!!! We had fun. he makes me laugh. he apparently likes to roll cars across the table as long as you will let him or someone doesn't share and he gets upset and decides to walk away and take a breather! SO fun.

Rhiannon said...

SOunds like you have your hands full. But he is adorable so it all works out.

Miss Fergie said...

He's so adorable! I never think this of anyone and I forgot to tell you that you are even prettier in person, seriously!

Sarah said...

He is so cute and fun. We definately need to see more of him on your blog.

MeL said...

I love my baby boy. I miss him a lot. And I miss you a lot. I miss both of my sisters and talking to them/seeing them constantly.

Yesterday at school I told the girl in Aly's ward that she was my sister and then proceeded to tell her that my two sisters were my two best friends in the whole world and I totally got choked up. I miss you guys a lot, and it's only been since Sunday that I saw you...I'm a baby.

Missy said...

C-U-T-E-ness! And Dimple Chins rock...5 outa 5 of my kids got them...it's my favorite feature. Such a cute post, I feel like I know the little fellar now. My kids would eat him up.

KatieJ said...

He is so cute- you have some great pictures!

Amy said...

I agree with everyone else! He is so stinkin cute. It makes me sad that we don't live there by you so Oak and Max can be better buddies. I think they would find all sorts of trouble together!