Tuesday, February 19, 2008

As I've Mentioned Before...

I LOVE(please notice: I'm still on Melvi's account (thank you by the way,) he's been a faithful member for 27 years, and I got my picture taken with wet hair and didn't know I should look at the camera.)

Today, I went on a Costco outing with Oakley, my mom, Alyson and Brynn. With these people, you are bound to have fun and laugh hard.

I wanted to look again at this table that I saw last visit, approximately a month ago, because I'm seriously considering buying it for the back patio. So, we were checking it out, seeing how it worked because it supposedly folds flat, when....

bang-gung-gung-gehrh-boom.....

As one of us ( I won't mention names) was moving one of the legs, the HUGE metal bracket that's the size of a basketball hoop pole thing, that holds up the price sign, simply falls over, knocking over all of the solar lights and other boxes stacked behind the table collapsing the aisle behind it.

Oops.

Needless to say, later on our perusing through the store, when Oakley waved to one of the 18 workers who had rushed to the scene, the guy didn't seem to find our group adorable like most usually do.

But still- I love hanging with my fam, especially at Costco
(and I'm going to get the table.)

13 comments:

MeL said...

I"M SO SAD THAT I COULDN"T BE THERE!!! (Read that as high pitched and whiney as you can imagine!) Seriously, I am laughing so so hard at the Jones luck that you guys had today! I'm not sure though if it would have been a good idea to just buy the table today, so at least they would think that your purchase was worth all of the commotion! Fun fun for you guys, and once again I'm so jealous of you guys hanging out without me, and having a good memorable time!

Marie said...

At least you had some moral support in creating a raucous. That would have been pure torture by yourself.
That is a cool table...

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Whoa, Melvie lets you be on the Costco account? Maybe he should talk to Mr. Stingy who won't let us be on his..

Kirk and Aly said...

Yeah, I'm so glad to be with you guys, because if that had happened with me, just by myself, I'm sure it would have resulted in me crying and turning beet red. But with you guys I could just pass it off as Jones luck. What fun! I can't wait to do "projects" on your table!

Heather said...

I love Costco too. And... love the new hair!

The Jones Fam said...

Did you get it!? That table is rubber cement. Remember when we used to substitute "rubber cement" for the word "cool"? We were so rubber cement. I love that you caused a scene.

Jake

HooHoo said...

A word in defense of the un-named problem causer: curious!

My parents always said I was curious. Example: Every hotel we stopped at on the drive to Washington DC when I was 18 months old, I ran in and turned on the water in the sink to make sure it worked. (That also may account for the reason that the first phrase I reportedly said was "darn your hide!")

So in my defense once again, I was just curious as to how the seat moved, and how the thing folded up.

You may all want to make sure you pray that "no harm or accident will befall us..." (as I am sure someone must have) if you're going to invite a curious grandma to tag along.

What? Rubber Cement!

nicole and kevin said...

How come Chris and I are the only family members that aren't on Dad's account. A costso card was my 17th AND 18th birthday present. I guess "with great power comes great responsiblity" and I don't have what it takes. Or maybe I'm adopted. I guess that's why Melissa hasn't done family week for me. AAACK(Refer to top picture on my blog)
Kev

Carol said...

oh man! that is hilarious, i mean, i am sorry about that. at least you were by yourself though and you had others to share in your good time :)

27 years at costco - that's crazy!! he shouldnt have to pay to renew every year.

angiedunn said...

K, your new hair rocks. Loved it before as well...

I have coveted that table many a time as I've wandered through Costco. Enjoy it for me, k? (:

The Jones Fam said...

So I have a few things to comment on #1 I love when Jones Luck takes place in public for all to see and hear...fun table though
#2 Your hair is way cute! And I love your make-up! I have had a MAC experience too where the eyeliner resembled a sharpie more than a pencil..
#3 Kevin! Drum sets..... motorcycles.... do I need to go on? I don't think you were deprived.

Nat

amanda p. said...

I really like your new haircut :) Super cute! ps- with the weather warming quickly I'm thinking we should maybe start some serious kickball competition. Whataya think? Maybe I just want another excuse to go eat at NED's but I'm thinkin some cousin time might be nice :)

KatieJ said...

Oh no- that is too funny! I'm impressed you didn't immediately leave the store!! That table is awesome- I've never seen it before.